Karan Mehta is an Indian actor. In 2023, he worked in the film ‘Almost Pyaar with DJ Mohabbat.’ In 2023, he appeared on Sony TV’s popular comedy show ‘The Kapil Sharma Show’ for the promotion of his film.
Karan Mehta was born on 21 June in Germany. His zodiac sign is Cancer. He was brought up in Delhi by his parents. He lived in Delhi for more than 4 years, where he completed his 6th standard. Later, he moved from Delhi to Bandra, Mumbai. He worked as an assistant director in many films including the 2017 Bollywood film ‘Raees’ starring Shah Rukh Khan.
Height (approx.): 5′ 10″
Weight (approx.): 60 kg
Hair Colour: Black
Eye Colour: Green
Body Measurements (approx.): Chest: 40 inches, Waist: 32 inches, Biceps: 13 inches
He belongs to a Punjabi family in Bandra, Mumbai.
Parents & Siblings
His father, Rakesh Mehta, is an Indian filmmaker, who is known for working predominantly in the Punjabi film industry. He has directed many films including ‘Khuda Kushi (2010), Life Ki Toh Lag Gayi (2012), Darpok (2014), and Nanak (2018). He has a sister named Ria Mehta.
In 2019, it was reported that Karan Mehta and actress Ananya Pandey are dating each other.
In February 2023, he debuted with the Bollywood romantic drama film ‘Almost Pyaar with DJ Mohabbat’ opposite actress Aalia Furniturewalla. The film was directed by famous director Anurag Kashyap and released on 3 February 2023.
- He can play many musical instruments including Guitar.
- He likes to do horse riding.
- In an interview, he revealed that he had fallen in love with many actors and one of them is Kiara Advani.
- He is a football enthusiast and supports the Real Madrid football team.
- In 2022, he attended the Marrakech International Film Festival in Morocco along with Anurag Kashyap and Aalia Furniturewalla for the world premiere of his debut film ‘Almost Pyaar with DJ Mohabbat.’
- In an interview, he revealed that it was his dream to become an actor. Anurag Kashyap’s daughter informed Anurag about Karan’s short film and contacted Karan to cast him in his film. Karan said,
I always wanted to become an actor. I watched ‘Dhoom’ (2004) and all of Shah Rukh’s films. I wanted to do films so we made a lot of short films and we put one on YouTube. Anurag’s daughter Aaliyah saw it and informed Anurag about this film. He then messaged me to meet him, narrated a story and made me prepare. We took workshops, he also asked me to take classes, that’s how it’s been. I have been training with him and waiting for seven years.”
- He is often spotted consuming alcohol.