Sija Rose is an Indian actress known for her work in Malayalam films. She is a well-trained Bharatnatyam dancer. The dancer-turned-actress also participated in the dancing reality show “Dance Kerala Dance” in 2018.
Sija Rose was born on Saturday, 10 October 1992 (age 30 years; as of 2022). She completed her schooling at Indian School Al Wadi Al Kabir, Muscat, Oman. She did her graduation in Journalism in Mumbai.
Height (approx.): 5′ 6″
Weight (approx.): 55 kg
Hair Colour: Black
Eye Colour: Black
Parents & Siblings
There is not much information available about his parents and siblings.
She is unmarried.
Sija Rose made her acting debut with the Kannada film “Magadi” in 2012. In the same year, she made her Tamil and Malayalam debut with the films “Kozhi Koovuthu” and “Ustad Hotel” respectively.
In 2013, she played the lead role of a hotel receptionist in the Malayalam film “Nee Ko Njaa Cha.” The actress also appeared in supporting roles in the film “Annayum Rasoolum” and “Entry” in the same year. Rose played the character of a Bharatnatyam dancer in the Tamil film “Masani” (2013) and “Madhavanum Malarvizhiyum” (2014).
In 2015, she played the role of Priya in the film “Nellikka.” In the same year, she appeared in the film “Ennu Ninte Moideen” which is based on the love story of Moideen and Kanchanamala. In 2016, she made her Bollywood debut in a supporting role in the film “Traffic” starring Manoj Bajpayee. Her performance as Maragathavalli Vairavanin in the film “Udanpirappe” (2021) received critical acclaim from the audience. In 2022, she played the role of Suraj Venjaramoodu’s character wife in the Malayalam film “Roy.”
In 2014, she hosted the dance show “Let’s Dance” which aired on Amrita TV. She also appeared as a celebrity mentor in a popular dance reality show “Dance Kerala Dance” in 2018.
- Director: Mohanlal Viswanathan
- Actor(s): Jayaram Subramaniam and P. V. Jagadish Kumar
- Sija Rose wanted to become a journalist like her father and did her graduation in Journalism, however later, she got an opportunity to work in some TV commercials during her vacations in Kerala, following which she made up her mind to build a career in acting. While talking about this in an interview, she said,
After completing a course in journalism from Mumbai, I was in Kerala on a holiday. As luck would have it, I got an opportunity to model for an ad, which ultimately paved my entry into films.”
- In 2013, her three films “Nee Ko Njaa Cha,” “Annayum Rasoolum,” and “Entry” were released on the same day.
- Apart from acting, Sija Rose also tries her hand at direction. She worked as an assistant director in Rajesh Pillai’s Hindi film “Traffic” in 2016. In an interview, she revealed that she found directing a film more difficult than acting, as direction involves more physical work.
- Sija Rose is a trained Bharatnatyam dancer.
- Sija Rose loves to paint in her leisure time. She often shares her coffee art (paintings made by using coffee) on her Instagram page, ‘Brew Stains.’
- She often endorses the jewellery brands, ‘Tanishq’ and ‘Elista’ on her social media account.
- She also endorses the fashion brand ‘Swayamvara’ on her social media.
- She also appeared in a photoshoot for the magazine “Star & Style.”
- In an interview, Sija Rose said that she likes Bollywood more than Malayalam films.